Enchiladas are probably one of the most famous dishes in Mexico. They are made out of corn tortillas, filled with chicken and with a sauce on top. We Mexicans are known for spicy food but don’t be afraid! These enchiladas have just the right spiciness in them. Get a taste of Mexico with this super easy dish. PROVECHO!
- 10 tomatillos green
- 1/2 onion small (1/4 sliced for serving)
- 1/4 clove garlic
- 1 green chilli small
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- sour cream
- grated cheese (white cheese)
- Boil the chicken breast in enough water just to cover it.
- When the chicken breast is cooked and cooled, shred it and put it aside. Keep ½ cup of the chicken stock.
- In another cooking pot, boil the green tomatillos with half of the onion and the garlic.
- Once the tomatillos are soft, put them in a blender along with the onion, the garlic, the green chilli and the chicken stock. Blend until mixed.
- Pour the blended sauce into a skillet, season it with salt and pepper and let it cook over medium heat for 2 min.
- In another skillet, warm some oil over low heat.
- Once the oil is warm enough, dip each tortilla just enough to make them soft.
- After that, dip each tortilla again in the skillet with the green sauce until they are fully coated.
- Fill each tortilla with the shredded chicken breast and fold them in half.
- Serve the enchiladas and pour the rest of the sauce on top with a little bit of sour cream, sliced onion and grated cheese. Enjoy!
Note: You can use cheddar or manchego cheese and melt them in the oven for a ‘au gratin’ touch.
Leave a Reply