If you enjoy this recipe, please consider a donation to TWB.
- 2 cups rice
- 4 aubergines large
- 1 kg chicken with bones
- 2 handfuls any nuts
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp pointed red pepper
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- Cut the aubergines into thin slices vertically (0.5 – 1 cm thick), you can peel them first if you prefer. Sprinkle each slice with salt and leave in a strainer for at least half an hour.
- Wash rice, soak in hot water for half an hour, then strain it.
- Cut chicken into large pieces and leave to simmer in 2 liters of water for 30 minutes. Add pepper and 2 ½ tsp of salt.
- Remove chicken pieces from the broth, remove bones, and cut the meat into small pieces as desired with your hand or a fork. Keep the broth!
- Deep fry the aubergine slices until they become golden.
- In a cooking pot, lay the aubergine slices until they cover the bottom in one layer. Add a layer of chicken pieces. Pour half of the rice over chicken carefully. Flatten it with a spoon.
- Lay another layer of aubergine over the rice. Then pour the remaining rice.
- Add the cinnamon and turmeric into the broth. And gently pour 3 cups of broth in the pot over the rice.
- Bring to a boil then cover and leave to simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- After turning the heat off, wait for 20 minutes then turn the pot upside down over a deep tray.
- Lay the remaining chicken pieces on top and sprinkle with toasted nuts. Bon appetit!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply